Then I rediscover the lipstick

lunes, 5 de julio de 2010 en 0:45
I normally would not brag about lipstick but Revlon has force an me to get out of my mummnes and give the word of mouth regarding their new line Colorburst!!Is been over a month after I got my very first two lipsticks from this line. I am not fond of lipsticks but these lippies have force me to reconsider about my options for coloring my lips . My first tried was with Soft Nude. It was my very first nude shade I was a bit scare and crossing my fingers I would not regret my purchase. I was afraid it will make me wash out and make my lips feel as if they have been scrape with sand and enhanced the worst from them. Nope it was totally the opposite. I felt my lips moisture, burst in color and glossy enough to not reach for a lipgloss to compliment the feeling of moisture and hide the imperfections.Later that week I went again and got myself two more shades from this line. I got Fuchsia and Coral. Fuchsia nowadays is the shade I am using the most. It helps me revive my face with a burst of color and who says that I need to pimp up my eyes and wear blush when I am wearing this shade. In my opinion is a good shade depending on your skin color an acceptable bright electric pink for work, specially on those days that you feel you do not want to put on the best of your eyes and do an entire routine of make up. With this shade you just feel like putting on the foundation or the tinted moisturizer and dab a bit of tis shade on your lips and voila ready to go on the route for your daily routine with a op of color. Also with the passing of the hours is up to you if you want to re-apply it but for me I like the lipstain that these lipshade leaves on my lips still bright but not as as bright bright as it was on when you apply it. With the Coral shade. It does not look as a bright orange on my lips it kinda looks like a red orange if I build it up.  I am looking for the occasion to wear it or when I fall out out of love of the Fuchsia shade which i doubt will not be any time soon. And recently I got the Carnation shade. I wanted this shade to be my second yet it was actually my fourth from this line.  At first I was not impressed with the shade I thought oh God another blah pink and it looks a bit more brighter pink than my actual lips if I dab it only once over my lips. Then I build it a bit more and I got this pretty pink shade over my lips that is decent enough to go along with a neutral color make-up color or that lip shade that you go to when you want to put in a bit of a tiny bit of color on your face. Also is a soft-bright pink work- friendly shade. Did I mention this shade is the adult version of a girly pink? Also I think I found the lipstick version and with more color than my Avon's Glazewear in Tickled Pink. Did I mention it sort makes my teeth appear a little bit more of a lighter shade.:-)

I think I will be getting  more when my pocket will allowed me the shades of Hazelnut, Baby Pink and True Red ( to compliment my matte red hot from Clinique)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pros
- It glides very smoothly wait a second am I wearing a lipstick? And they stay a bit longer than some lipglosses.
- Buildable cover, but with two coats you already get the full coverage. One coat gives you some color but not sheery.
- Good and sturdy packaging
- Has nothing to envy to the lipglosses( in fact they feel more moisturizing than some lipgloss brands that I tried) or the high end brands.
Cons
- Price errr $ 8.99 bucks per lipstick. Even with  a bogo of get one half-off is still expensive from what I am willing to pay but then again I got already 4 lipsticks from this line. Three with a bogo purchase and one with a cvs coupon. Just wait until they are in offer and hopefully there will be a price drop in this line.
- Mind the pressure when applying. It already glides smoothly like butter on a crisp hot pancake! So you get the idea and place it somewhere where the sun or heat will affect it.

Counter

free counters
Powered By Blogger