The attack of the writer's block

lunes, 12 de julio de 2010 en 22:20
Errrrggggghhhhh!! One thing that I hate the most is when I have in my mind clearly the steps and what I am going to do, but when I sit down in front of the laptop I am overwhelm with so many ideas, lost for words. easy distractions, and to top it off the heat and humidity is driving me nuts did I mention the annoying music that surpasses my headphones with my Work it Playlist. I am currently riding this road over and over the past few weeks. No guidance but my own guts which right now are pretty overwhelm, tired and about to tell the world around FU and I am fearing that they are also thinking of saying that to me!

                                                            The Creative Process

I look at this pic and I could not agree more, this has been my intellectual state for the past year. First the rambling of the ideas, then the change of ideas, then proposal, back in and out, re-shape everything ooopss did you know your idea is no longer the one that you had in mind for the thesis, right? Jaja Yup this pretty sums it up!

 They tell me this should be easy but for those who have walk in a similar path they know this is like giving birth to a monster for over around a whole year. Is a mental pain, my body a few months ago paid with physical pain. Many folks who are collegues tell me you are taking this to seriously but I digress. I own it to myself and to the population who I am aiming my thesis- project towards. My project is aim at the homeless from the Urban Center of Rio Piedras who are immerse in the addiction circle and how they can integrate themselves to a society that despise them already for either one of their human conditions. I want this project to be something more of an inspiration or at least that is taken into consideration by the local community and for that I need to bust a work and take it seriously. Why?  I was thinking like most of my collegues did and still do about the process, but getting in touch with a local community that has been having trouble  with thenearby homeless and seeing through a collegue the willingless of a local leader from that community to shift the paradigm of the homeless are a problem, and they are responsible for all the problems that our community has. Hello this is  a great window for my project and who knows if the community of homeless accepts even better.  I am already have been having feedback from two social workers who have been working with community. I am not getting y hopes yet, because there is a stubborn pebble in my way. Which i hope I will get rid out my way in the near future. Hopefully tomorrow if not by the time of the remainder of this semesters is done.

My colleagues tell me girl you should just program it and be done with it. I already know how is going to be program and about the budget require to program it... ay,  ay, ay should I pull it up out if my sleeves like the rest of you do?? Also ... hello !!! I am taking info from the homeless the least I should do is give them something back in return besides a thesis that is going to collect dust at the library like all the good projects, plans and  programs that many of my fellow colleagues presented and now they are a laugh in the face for the sake of planning. Way to go University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus Graduate School of Planning, no wonder why we claim and throw fist every time we reclaim respect whenever a psychologist, an architect, geographer, a social worker or anybody else  seems to the job we where working our derriéres off for how many years in the god cases two years but in cases like when there is no courses for my concentration neither a decent professorship to help in the thesis... um  I am still missing a reader for my project, yay!! So I am right now  with my mind going in circles, over, over, over, over, over, over, over again... you know what I am going to Spin Around Kylie Minogue's style and FYU!



Counter

free counters
Powered By Blogger