Nature's beauty cocktail- Olive Oil!

miércoles, 16 de junio de 2010 en 0:57
I am a fool for home remedies but I was weary to try home-made beauty products until I recently tried several for myself. This will be the very first post of hopefully many to come. I will say this home-made beauty remedy is a keeper.
                                                            (Photo courtesy of  Reader's Digest )

Olive oil! Yes you read that right. Wait a minute, don't I have an oily skin I said t myself to convince myself. I had read almost everywhere that it was good but I was weary to try it. Come on that will make my sskin greasy!! Ok, I convince myself  to try it by first cleaning my make-up brush with it and lets see how it goes. I was amazed on how clean my make-up brushes resulted. I mean freaking come on, you know how much I could save by not buying those commercial make-up brush cleansers that are filled with sulfates and parabens!!! Lots since I wash them very often knowing how my skin reacts every time I forget to cleanse my foundation brush! Yikes! I tried it and voilà no make-up residue in my brushes contrary to my previous cleanser that even with a good shampooing of the brushes still there was some funk. Well I use one drop of it on my foundation brush, massage the bristle gently then reach for my sulfate- free shampoo and then rinse it with luke-warm water. My curiosity was killing me so I decided to see if my most used brush was cleanse there to my surprise as I brush gently my brush over a piece of towel paper no residue of my foundation. ~happy dance ~  


                                                        (Photo courtesy of delayed gratification )

After that I decided the other day to try it on my face as a make-up remover. I normally use a make-up remover for my lips and eye lids  Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips   and to remove the foundation baby- wipes or Almay's Makeup Remover Towelettes plus soaking my face with my cleanser and water. I mean how many stuff I use to remove my make-up? THREE!!! And  not counting how many towelettes and cotton balls I am discarding to cleanse my face plus the cost of each of these items as they run out which is fast!  So I decided to give olive oil a try and boy I was surprise it also works wonders in  removing make-up from my face! I have to admit I had to remove the oil from my face afterward . Jejeje. So I guess the towelettes and the eye make-up remover will be use for traveling while at home  I will stick with my two-step cleansing.  :-) .



Counter

free counters
Powered By Blogger