In Puerto Rico we say Happy Dogs' Day to the Male Parents Day. There are some theories of how this started but I won't go there. Maybe is because they just sit there and be lazy jaja. Just kidding. Anyway in honor of the Dogs' Days I will post some songs that my father and I used to enjoy and dance to when I was younger. Every time I hear them it brings me good memories and a smile from my heart.
The Byrds' Turn, turn, turn
This song every time my
father heard it I use to see in his face such sorrow and nostalgia when
it came up in the tape player. I at that time did not understand the
reason why his eyes' seem a bit lost when it got played but I knew in
my heart that it was very dear to him. He was a Vietnam Veteran and you
can imagine that during the time this song hit the charts he was serving
the United States forcibly as he was barely 18 years old. His innocent
lost forever to the horror of war, the child and the young teenage boy
forced to become a man against his will through violence and death
around him in a foreign country which he barely understood and spoke the
language. I never knew his stories and I regret never having the guts
to ask him about his time in fear of having bringing the moments back. I
know my mother tells me some of them but is not the same. She tells his
stories that he told her but is not the same but I understood as I grow
older why he had to kept silence in front of me as he listen to this
song.
Shirley Ellis' The Name Game
Millie Small's My Boy Lollipop
Steam's Na na na na hey hey good-bye
Sheb Wooley's Purple Eater
Bobby "Boris" Pickett's Monster Mash
James Brown's I Feel Good
Sonny & Cher's I Got You Babe
The Temptations' My Girl
Well I was his little girl then and forever as long as I live. Even after his dead I am still his girl. >_<
Happy Dogs' Days!
domingo, 20 de junio de 2010
en
3:05
| Publicado por
Zowye
Posted In
Happy Dogs Day,
oldies
| |
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

0 comentarios