Well I do not know for some of my friends around the globe but for me these shows were the best. I look at the current programming they offered the younger ones and is all the same in style and format. Ir they are canned tv shows from the US. I used to wait anxiously to see these shows. I remember I had to fight my parents cause I did not want to do anything else than imitate the choreography from the dances of these shows, style or scream at the dum dum kid playing in the games. Ergggg... Is pretty frustrating when I get to babysit and I see just Dora, Bob the Builder, Clifford the Red Dog, Lazy Town or the Invasion of Disney, but no tv shows that represent something of our Latin Culture or brings something else aside from the US culture.
I got to admit. I had her dolls, I wanted to be a paquita, I imitated her style and she was some one who I look up to and admire. I still do. Regardless of what people may say about her for me she is still that Xuxa that brought joy and a time of entertainment to kids across Latin America and even to the US. She was a phenomenon. I dare you to ask any person from my generation who is Xuxa and all of them are going to speak to you of that time as they watch the show. She had the most awkward dance choreography but many of us wanted to emulate her dance move. We were united under the Xuxa flag for a time, now what Tv show does that?
A soap Opera directed to children. Yes! I know they had made some children orientated soap operas after this one but they still fail. I even show it to my younger cousin when I was baby sitting her and she prefers this one to the ones they offer her in the tv tube.
I grew up watching her and I got the chance to meet her several times not only when I was younger but also as I age. XD I am glad that her show is still running but has been limited to certain days and 30 mins. Her show was 2 hours 7 weeks. It had arts and crafts, anime, games and you name it. Now is just an intervention. :-(
Latin American Childhood TV Shows
miércoles, 25 de agosto de 2010
en
23:06
| Publicado por
Zowye
Posted In
Childhood,
tv shows
| |
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

0 comentarios